Smartcorp and XPM matching rules
What this means
Smartcorp’s XPM integration is two-way to reduce the need to rekey data and removes the potential human errors.
We use the following rules to ensure your data is matched as often as possible.
- Individuals are found to be a match when they have the same first name, last name, AND:
- The same date of birth in both systems, OR
- There is no date of Birth in XPM but the name is unique within XPM, OR
- The addresses match in both systems (we'll try and remove spaces, abbreviations and punctuation to match addresses where possible).
- Companies are found to be a match when they have the same Name or ACN.
- Company addresses are matched against:
- Principal Place of Business in Smartcorp to the Physical Address in XPM.
- Registered Office in Smartcorp to the Postal Address in XPM.
- Trusts and SMSFs are found to be a match when they have the same Name.
Address Mapping Configuration
Our XPM Integration now supports configuration of address mapping. The Smartcorp system stores different types and numbers of addresses for different entities.
- For a company order or a Corpliance managed company we store the principal place of business and the registered office address.
- For an individual acting as a shareholder or director we will store the home address.
For any type of entity XPM supports storing a physical and postal address.
The mapping feature enables you to specify which address field in XPM is populated when you push an entity. The matching process also takes your custom mapping configuration into account when checking for address mismatches.
You can configure your address mapping when you link your XPM account. If you want to update it you can do so by navigating to manager users and then clicking the "Connected" link in the XPM integrations panel.
When you link your account we create a default mapping with the following settings:
For Company Orders and Corpliance Managed Companies:
- The Principal Place of Business in Smartcorp will be mapped to the Physical Address in XPM
- The Registered Office in Smartcorp to the Postal Address in XPM
For corporate trustees, corporate shareholders and individuals:
- We only store 1 address so the same address goes in both physical and postal in XPM.
Why this is important
You will need to review your data fields in Xero Practice Manager to understand the impact of Smartcorp data matching rules on how you store XPM data.
When you push data from a Smartcorp order to XPM you will need to understand:
The Company Principal Place of Business in Smartcorp will be mapped to the Physical Address in XPM.
The Company Registered Office in Smartcorp to the Postal Address in XPM.
We only store 1 address for individuals so the same address goes in both physical and postal in XPM
Corpliance, our ASIC compliance management system has also been integrated to XPM, to allow easy management of your clients ASIC compliance data. Data mismatches are identified in real time and can be pushed to ASIC using our Corpliance change processes, or data can be easily updated in XPM.
You can read more about our XPM and Corpliance syncing capability and resolving data mismatches.
You might also like: